Fritz Lang seminal science fiction film of 1927
Fritz Lang is the stylistic father of science fiction movies and film noir, his epic "Metropolis" the template from which hundreds of later movies borrowed or simply imitated. Lang's other early films in both silent and "talkie" categories have had tremendous influences well beyond the films themselves.
The Robot of Metropolis
Actress Brigitte Helm played the dual role of Maria, rescuer of children and love interest of the son of the industrial leader that rules the city of Metropolis in Fritz Lang's 1927 film. Helm also plays the robot ("machinenmensch" human-machine) invented by evil genius Rotwang.
Metropolis - Rotwang the inventor and his creation. Fritz Lang film from 1927, Germany.
Metropolis was one of the favorite films of Adolf Hitler (another film favorite of his was the Disney film Snow White).
Original Page Aug 3, 2012 | Updated Aug 12, 2012
The 18 Films:
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
- Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
- Batman: Gotham Knight
- Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
- Batman: Under the Red Hood
- Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
- Batman: Year One
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2
- Son of Batman
- Batman: Assault on Arkham
- Batman vs. Robin
- Batman: Bad Blood
- Batman: The Killing Joke
- Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
- Batman and Harley Quinn
- Batman: Gotham by Gaslight
- Batman Ninja