Dark Knight movie viral marketing
June 22, 2009: The marketing firm 42 Entertainment ran the "viral marketing" campaign for The Dark Knight during the lead up to the film's release. Here is a list of the domain names used as part of the effort at getting attention from existing Batman fans and to also grab the attention from mainstream movie goers:
Screenshot below of Betty's House of Pies web site - example of the viral marketing campaign for The Dark Knight.
This pie makes u thin!
This pie has no salmonella!
Robots are afraid of pies!
This screenshot shows the effort made by Warner Bros through the marketing firm 42 Entertainment to mount a 'viral campaign' to get the attention of moviegoers.
The web site for Betty's House of Pie's was defaced in "Joker-style" to demonstrate how the villain was impacting Gotham City.
Be sure to see the page on this at 42 Marketing
The 18 Films:
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
- Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
- Batman: Gotham Knight
- Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
- Batman: Under the Red Hood
- Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
- Batman: Year One
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2
- Son of Batman
- Batman: Assault on Arkham
- Batman vs. Robin
- Batman: Bad Blood
- Batman: The Killing Joke
- Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
- Batman and Harley Quinn
- Batman: Gotham by Gaslight
- Batman Ninja
Original Page July 13, 2009 - Update September 2019