Man of Steel
Warner Bros / DC Comics 2013 movie reboot of one of the most popular superhero movie series. Grossed $668,045,518 worldwide during its run from June 14, 2013 to September 19, 2013. This puts Man of Steel at #9 on the top earning Super Hero Movies list.
Directed by Zack Snyder
Produced by Christopher Nolan
Written by David S. Goyer
Release date: June 14, 2013 (in USA)
Close date: September 19, 2013
Run time: 143 minutes
DVD release: November 12, 2013 (in USA)
MPAA rating: PG-13
The Zach Snyder Man of Steel overcomes some of the deficiencies which marred the 2006 Superman Returns. In Steel, Henry Cavill's Superman is still a serious man with great powers, but at least he seems to be having fun with those powers from time to time during the twist and turns of the plot, something which Bryan Singer's Superman (in his Superman Returns) didn't have, with Brandon Routh reduced to presenting a character who treated his superheroic responsibilities as a job, and not a particularly happy job either.
2013 Preview Poster
Man of Steel - 2013 Movie Images
Man of Steel
Man of Steel art from Lerms Art/Geek-Art
Superman image at geek-art
Superman Promo Logo for "Man of Steel"
June 2012: Film came out June 14, 2013 - stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, Russell Crowe, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, among others.
Film has a $175 million dollar budget (according to imdb.com).
Scripting is credited to David Goyer and Chris Nolan.
Top Earning World Wide Superhero Films
List Updated April 17, 2017
*Currently in release in movie theatres
- The Avengers (2012 Marvel Studios) $1,511,757,910 Billion
- Avengers Age of Ultron (2015 Marvel Studios) $1.402 Billion
- Iron Man 3 (2013 Marvel Studios) $1,212,795,474 Billion
- Captain America Civil War: $1,153,294,011
- Dark Knight Rises (2012 Warners) 1,081,036,828 Billion
- The Dark Knight (2008 Warners Bros) $1,004,558,444 Billion
- Spiderman 3 (2007 Sony) $890.9 Million
- Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice (Warners 2016) $872,662,631
- Spiderman (2002 Sony) $821.7 Million
- Spiderman 2 (2004 Sony) $783.8 Million
24. Logan (2017 Fox) $599,177,028 million
26. The LEGO Batman Movie (2017 Warners) $552,346,181 Worldwide
29. Kong: Skull Island (2017 Warners) - $479,628,833 Worldwide
52.Ghost in the Shell (2017 Paramount) - $152,123,283 million worldwide
53.Power Rangers (2017 Lionsgate) - $128,263,748 worldwide
See a complete list: The Top Earning Super Hero Movies
More Lois Lane
Original Page Jan 2014 | Updated Feb 2014