Man of Steel
Warner Bros / DC Comics 2013 movie reboot of one of the most popular superhero movie series. Grossed $668,045,518 worldwide during its run from June 14, 2013 to September 19, 2013. This puts Man of Steel at #9 on the top earning Super Hero Movies list.
Directed by Zack Snyder
Produced by Christopher Nolan
Written by David S. Goyer
Release date: June 14, 2013 (in USA)
Close date: September 19, 2013
Run time: 143 minutes
DVD release: November 12, 2013 (in USA)
MPAA rating: PG-13
The Zach Snyder Man of Steel overcomes some of the deficiencies which marred the 2006 Superman Returns. In Steel, Henry Cavill's Superman is still a serious man with great powers, but at least he seems to be having fun with those powers from time to time during the twist and turns of the plot, something which Bryan Singer's Superman (in his Superman Returns) didn't have, with Brandon Routh reduced to presenting a character who treated his superheroic responsibilities as a job, and not a particularly happy job either.
2013 Preview Poster
Man of Steel - 2013 Movie Images
Man of Steel
Man of Steel art from Lerms Art/Geek-Art
Superman image at geek-art
Superman Promo Logo for "Man of Steel"
June 2012: Film came out June 14, 2013 - stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, Russell Crowe, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, among others.
Film has a $175 million dollar budget (according to imdb.com).
Scripting is credited to David Goyer and Chris Nolan.
Top Earning World Wide Superhero Films
List Updated Dec 26, 2016
*Currently in release in movie theatres
- The Avengers (2012 Marvel Studios) $1,511,757,910 Billion
- Avengers Age of Ultron (2015 Marvel Studios) $1.402 Billion
- Iron Man 3 (2013 Marvel Studios) $1,212,795,474 Billion
- Captain America Civil War: $1,153,294,011
- Dark Knight Rises (2012 Warners) 1,081,036,828 Billion
- The Dark Knight (2008 Warners Bros) $1,004,558,444 Billion
- Spiderman 3 (2007 Sony) $890.9 Million
- Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice (Warners 2016) $872,662,631
- Spiderman (2002 Sony) $821.7 Million
- Spiderman 2 (2004 Sony) $783.8 Million
- Deadpool (Fox and Marvel) - $778,682,681
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014 Marvel) $772.152 Million ($332 million domestic)
- Amazing Spider-Man (2012 Sony) $752,216,557 ($262,030,663 Domestic)
- X-Men Days of Future Past (2014 Fox) $746,045,700 Million
- Suicide Squad (Warners 2016) $744,285,963
- Captain America 2 - The Winter Soldier (Marvel-Sony-Perception) $714,083,572 Million
- Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Columbia/Sony 2014) $708,294,944
- Man of Steel (2013 Warners) $668,045,518 ($291,045,518 domestic)
- Dr Strange (2016 Marvel Entertainment) $656,065,966 Million
- Thor The Dark World (2013 Buena Vista) $639,317,634 Million ($205,517,634 Domestic)
See a complete list: The Top Earning Super Hero Movies
More Lois Lane
Original Page Jan 2014 | Updated Feb 2014
DC New Talent Showcase now open
Feb 2017: DC's effort to look at new artists is underway for the month of February (the writers workshop will be in March). To see the artist application page, go here: www.dccomicstalentworkshop.com
More Working in Comics