2014 reboot of the classic Japanese movie monster
Directed by Gareth Edwards
Written by Max Borenstein (screenplay), Dave Callaham (story)
Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston
Godzilla at $332,337,000 after 15 days in release.
May 27, 2014: The 2014 Gojira / Godzilla reboot is now at $323 million worldwide in gross earnings.
May 24, 2014: The 2014 Gojira / Godzilla reboot is now at $229,588,000 million worldwide in gross earnings.
Godzilla vs Spidey
May 18: 2014: Godzilla has had the biggest opening of 2014 so far, piling up a gross worldwide take of $196,205,000 since May 16. Amazing Spider-Man 2 keeps swinging along, with worldwide number of $633,170,000 since it's May 2 (domestic) debut. Deadline Hollywood claims the film needs to clear $755 million in order to get onto the profit-making side of the ledgar. How did Sony get into a position where you've got to earn $755 million in order for a film to be a "hit"?
Godzilla is back in the USA
Friday launch brings in USA $38,525,000 millions.
May 16, 2014: Reboot launches the classic Japanese city masher back onto big screens. The worldwide earnings on the reboot stands at $58,525,000 for Friday's premiere - which makes it look like the film will easily clear past it's $160 million production budget. That also ends any hope Sony had that Amazing Spider-Man 2 would get back into the the number one slot.
FILM REVIEW: GODZILLA 2014
This 60 year old monster character gets a reboot, a lot of CGI, and a safe and efficient family-friendly wrap-around story to set it loose again stomping cities into rubble.
Top Earning World Wide Superhero Films
List Updated Dec 20, 2017
Ranked by World Wide Earnings
*Currently in release in movie theatres
- The Avengers (2012 Marvel Studios) $1,511,757,910 Billion
- Avengers Age of Ultron (2015 Marvel Studios) $1.402 Billion
- Iron Man 3 (2013 Marvel Studios) $1,212,795,474 Billion
- Captain America Civil War: $1,153,294,011
- Dark Knight Rises (2012 Warners) 1,081,036,828 Billion
- The Dark Knight (2008 Warners Bros) $1,004,558,444 Billion
- Spiderman 3 (2007 Sony) $890.9 Million
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (Sony 2017) $880,166,924
- Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice (Warners 2016) $872,662,631
- Thor: Ragnarok (Disney 2017) $842,394,757
- Wonder Woman (2017 Warners) $821,863,408 Million
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (2017 Marvel-Disney) $863,565,527 Worldwide
25. Justice League (Warners DC) $636,616,917
Original Page May 2014