Richard Corben panels from "The Fall of the House of Usher"
2013, Dark Horse Comics
Richard Corben has worked through many Poe stories before, and with 'House of Usher' he's making a second-time swing through Poe's tale of disaster (there's a 2005 collection of Corben's Poe adaptions which has a different take on Poe's tale).
Mostly more Roger Corman/Corben than Edgar Allan Poe, Corben's adaption is still recognizable as Poe's famous story, with a visitor a confused witness to the strange Usher familie's crumbling demise.
This heavily edited sequence of panels below show a few highlight from the progression of Corben's (and Poe's) moody tale of approaching doom.
Richard 'Rich' Corben
- House on the Borderland Page 1 - Pepper gave a Savage challenge
- House on the Borderland Page 2 - "I stood on an opalescent beach.."
- House on the Borderland Page 3 - Swine Seige Attack
- House on the Borderland Page 4 - Pepper in the Woods
- Richard Corben "Bloodstar"- Page A
- Richard Corben "Bloodstar"- Page B
- Richard Corben "Bloodstar"- Page C
- Page from Edgar Allen Poe's Haunt of Horror
- Cover Edgar Allen Poe's Haunt of Horror
- Poe Haunt of Horror "Scientifically impossible!"
(Above) A panel from Corben's Batman tale that was in the 1998 "Batman Black & White collection"
Original Page Oct 2013